Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Shadow of Death: Wind Turbines Kill Life!

This picture represents my negative feelings towards my dad's business. My sister made this picture to show how it effects our family. Sure, the wind turbine helps you save money on your electricity bill, but if your dad is the one selling them then it's going to change a lot more than the electricity bill. All I really want family time. I always got family time. Not anymore. For the past two years, my dad has been selling wind turbines all over the state of Texas. Texas is huge and involves lots of travel. I only get to see my dad a few hours a day. Before I got to see him whenever I was home...which was a lot. Now he is traveling some so I won't even see him for around two days at a time, but that doesn't happen very often. Now my mom is working with him. Even though all she does is answer the phones and book his appointments, she is always working twenty-fours a day no matter where she is. My dad needs to set his priorities straight, but every time I mention that to him, he always tells me that I wouldn't be able to survive without him working to earn money. I depend on my parents so much that now I have to do a lot of thing on my own. I depend on my dad to help me feel better when I'm upset. Because I don't see my dad as much I have to find something else to get me in a good mood. It's been a long time for me to find what will make me feel better and I have found that music, books and writing always helps. My mom is always there to hear what I have to say, but now I wouldn't be surprised if she heard a single word. These stupid wind turbine are a full time job. There are almost like having a newborn baby around. Selling wind turbines are not cut out for a person with family. You really can't have a life as long as they are around!

1 comment:

  1. Change can be so difficult. I know you'll find a way to cope.

    ReplyDelete